Wednesday, April 14, 2010

from the mouth of a mademoiselle

I like to think that Madeline L'Engle and myself are kindred spirits.

I've never read any of her books, but today i picked up a collection of her poetry, The Weather of the Heart, and all i would like to say to her is, "Madeline, I couldn't have said it better myself."

Also, I think you get to know a person better through their poetry.
I don't think you can help but express your heart through poetry.

Neither sadist nor masochist, I still

Must turn to violence: break, be broken.

False image of myself I beg you: kill.

Help me destroy the one of you I’ve spoken

Within my wilful heart. It is no more you

Than I am all that I would wish to be.

I cannot really love you till I hew

All these projections of an unreal me,

An imaged you, to shards. Then death

Will have a chance to free me for creation.

God! All this dying has me out of breath.

How do i understand reincarnation?

But if I burst all bonds of self-protection

Then I may find us both in resurrection.

-Long Loved Love: 6-

No comments:

Post a Comment