Wednesday, October 28, 2009

sad face.


i want to be in england right now.

im re-learning the lesson of contentment. recently i've been desiring alot. i've been wanting my husband. i've been wanting a home of my own. i've been wanting long hair. i've been wanting to lose weight. i've been wanting a beautiful singing voice. i've been wanting to be everyones functional savior. i've been wanting to be back England, meeting new people and making new friends. ive been wanting to grow up. i've been wanting to be a mother. i've been wanting so many things. so many things that God obviously doesn't have for me. so what do i do with these desires? how do i get to that state that paul speaks of in phillipians, to be in content in whatever state i am in?
photocred: papertissue
Jesus, Savior pilot me.

1 comment:

  1. hannah, this is so beautiful. i will be praying for you. i've been learning this lesson, too. Its all about looking to Jesus. I Cor. 9:24-27 and hebrews 12:1-2, and I Peter 1:13 have been really key for me in this pursuit. <3 love you.

    is that your tea cup? i looove it! and thanks for this great reminder, to keep my eyes on Jesus and not my wants. You continually are spurring me on, sharpening me, and are a blessing to me. Jesus is at work in you! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete